Council is required to promote the sustainable management of the district's natural and physical resources.
This is undertaken through the investigation and monitoring, and the preparation of a District Plan. Local communities are consulted throughout these processes.
The District Plan outlines policies and specifies how the policies will be implemented. This can include the provision of rules, which may require people to carry out their activities in accordance with these rules, or to apply for a resource consent. Other methods of implementing plan policies are monitoring and investigations, financial incentives, and education and advocacy.
The District Plan can be viewed at the Westland District Council Office or the Library, during normal working hours.
The Ministry for the Environment has provided a series of publications on everyday matters relating to the Resource Management Act 1991 and resource consent processes.
The guides can be viewed at http://www.mfe.govt.nz/publications/rma/everyday.
The following application forms for Resource Consent are available:
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Mining Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Vegetation Clearance - Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application form and Assessment of Environment Effect (Dwelling in Rural Zone – Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Subdivision).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Commercial).
- Resource Consent Fees
- Request to Review Decisions on Administrative Discounts
If you require the approval of persons likely to be affected by a Resource Consent, the following form will need to be completed by each person so affected.
Proposed Plan Change
- Proposed Plan Change 8: Kumara Junction Developments Ltd
- Proposed Plan Change 7: Managing Fault Rupture Risk in Westland
The following report is available:
- Report on Aviation Noise and Public Health Issues Associated with the Aviation Industry in South Westland.
The following application has been limited notified:
The following applications have been publicly notified:
- Resource Consent 130023 - Westland District Property Limited
- Trustpower Ltd: McKays Creek and Kaniere Forks Hydro Electric Power Schemes
- Resource Consent 110081 - Birchfield Ross Mining Limited
The following is a listing of Resource Consents:
Copyright © Westland District Council 2013
For more information contact the Council.